Thursday 19 January 2012

Top secret mystery shopper

Have you ever tried becoming a Mystery Shopper? Few years back I did for this research company in KLCC, survey for Caltex station. And this year I signed on with an online company whose name will remain anonymous in this article.

I was asked to survey a foreign bank in USJ area. First thing to do, I had to go to the company website, print out pages of forms, know the rules, the do’s and don’ts. I even felt a bit like a private eye, out on a mission. A bit of Bond, Hunt & Salt.

The job quite simple actually, just do banking transaction such as bank-in deposit or pay credit card. And the meantime check their customer service, interior, atm, carpet, floor, light, wall, the queue, smell, EVERYTHING must note.

The problem is this branch has no other customer except me alone. I can’t spend too much time checking and scrutinising them, their eyes are on me. They might get suspicious.

Anyway, their teller and personal banker service are good. They did everything as I expected, passing with flying colors. They know their stuff. And I got paid RM40 per visit. Another 3 branches to visit.

Needless to say, I’d be eager to do this again. So friend, if you saw me coming to your workplace or shop, I might be the top secret mystery shopper hired by your boss. Beware!!

No comments:

Post a Comment